Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Moving on

Away - that is where you are - where I will be
Away - not far - but too far for me - right now

It isn't pleasant without you here - sometimes the pain is more that I can bear
Your shadow is everywhere - I see you in your son's face - in his jokes - everyplace.
It doesn't seem fair somehow - that you are gone - and I am stuck right here.

You would be pleased with me I think. I have been stronger than I thought possible.
I have learned to laugh and cry at the same time.
Moving on - that's what they call it - moving on from where to where? Or is it just moving? I don't know.
But I am moving somewhere. There has been no chance to stand still and figure things out. It is just one step after the other and I find when I look back - I have moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment