Monday, September 5, 2011

Grandpa and Grandma

February will be here soon. Our grandchild will be born and life will change again.

It was pointed out to me this weekend that you are dead. Speaking about spoiling our first grandchild was followed by a 'goof' on someone's part when they mentioned Grandma and Grandpa. "ooops - I'm sorry. I forgot he is gone. Isn't that funny?" This - accompanied by laughter and a few other comments. It was not intentional. I knew that. But I remembered - for the first time - that I will be grandma without grandpa. It wasn't funny - but it was and is reality.

You will be there. You dwell in the mind, heart, laughter, and eyes of your son. You live in my memory forever. You will be a part of that child.

It was not funny. I miss you. We were supposed to be grandparents together. I am not laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment