Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21

It has been so long since I have been here. So long since I have written what is in my heart and on my mind. There are times when words are not adequate for everything. These past weeks have been filled with those times.

I am sick. Not cancer, or rabies, or any other horrible disease. But, none the less, I am sick. Stress is causing my body to rebel and I can't take it any longer. It is time to call it quits. Time to move on and find another means of employment. My district doesn't care about me, my students, or any other special needs child. It is all money for them. Too many students in a classroom, too many students on a caseload, too many...

I am sick every day I work. After surgery, I was home for four weeks. I wasn't sick. A few days back at work and it all started again. Yesterday, I had a melt down. There was no way for my mind to contain the pain any longer. I fled my room! My assistants had to take over.

I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment