Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Who I Really Am

Where has the time gone? Wasn't it just yesterday that school started for the year? A few days ago Tom died? Sometimes it seems like ages have passed and, at times such as now, that no time has passed at all. Feelings are right on my sleeve and the truth of who and what I am comes to the surface for awhile.

I am half a person. The joyful, happy part left with Tom. What was left behind is sadness, grief, and self pity. Who am I without the best part of me? As I struggle to answer the question - I continue to live as best I can. It isn't easy but I try.

There are days when I believe that life will work out well for me. At others - I am nothing but a shadow of who I was with him. Coming through the door brought a smile to his face. He loved me. He wanted me. Who else will ever feel that way?

I am alone and broken. But I keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment