Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 25

Dear God,

So many of my neighbors are going to lose their homes to the freeway. It is a necessary development but I struggle with the loss of this wonderful neighborhood. Although they will not take my house - they will take the houses of 310 families. They will destroy the homes of senior adults at the church's senior residences. They will destroy a school that has held You up to be worshiped and glorified. Dear God - help them all.

What can I do - to be of service in this time? What words can I say? Help me to remember to pray for them all. To pray for peace and guidance for all involved.

Thank you Father for the joy you have given me in this time. For a day spent in fellowship with my family. A day of giving thanks. It is the first holiday since Tom went home that I have stayed though it all. I prayed for joy and strength - and you heard my cry. You filled me with joy in your presence and strength for the day. Today, I come in thanksgiving for Your providence. For Your Joy. For Your hope. I thank YOU for all of it.

I love you Lord. Help me to love more and be faithful to You - always.

No comments:

Post a Comment