Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 13/14

Long day today. There was much to do in the classroom to get ready for school and much to do afterwards.

It has been a long journey since this time two years ago. I was trying to get ready for school while going to see Tom in the hospital. He had a blood clot in his leg and was having a very hard time. It all got done.

Tom was always supportive of my teaching career. He knew before I did that I would do well and enjoy it. He had faith in me. During this time of transition to a new school he was more so. For several years he tried to get me to leave my previous campus. Nothing had been right there since the beginning. When I finally made that decision and left - he was so happy for me. Tom knew everything would work out well.

Even from his hospital bed - he cheered me on. He would ask what I was doing and what I thought of my fellow teachers as I met them. He wanted all the facts. It was a difficult time - but a good one. We were still actively involved in each other's days and happy. I never could have imagined what was coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment