Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Name Change?

Does time change everything?
Or does it change only some things?
I was so 'left behind' when Tom died.
Left behind in a world I wanted no part of.

Has time changed everything?
Or has it changed only some things?
It has changed me as I view the world.
I am a part of what continues.

Time has changed everything
And nothing at all.
I am still left behind -
But even more - I am moving ahead.
Life does not frighten me with its bleakness,
Its never ending continuation.
I have begun to move forward and see the light that has always been here.

I have not wanted to see it - not all the time.
Light shines in darkness -
Light illuminates what is hidden.
But when the hidden is brought to the light -
Life happens.
I am free
And moving toward joy and hope.

Does time change everything?
Or does it change only some things?
The answer eludes me.
Or does it?
Christ has never changed.
Time has not dampened His love for me.
Time has not taken his redemptive gift away.
No - only some things have changed.
My life, my future on this earth, my day to day existence.

Maybe it is time to change the name of this blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment