Monday, October 31, 2011

What a day!

This has not been the best day. I have been moody, tired, and sick. Sorting through my Mother-in-law's things must have really triggered something. Tears have been on the surface all day.

It is strange - to be happy and sad all at once. I am happy. In the past year, I spent more time in tears than not. In the past month, I have almost never cried. Life has been good and there was no reason or need to cry. Oh, there were moments when life was sad but nothing major. Today - the whole thing has been major. Crazy.

Today I said those words again - the words that carry so much emotion and pain - those words - I miss Tommy. Seldom do they cross my lips. I am happy for him. My life has been good. Missing him is daily - saying it - that's something else. I do miss him. But life keeps me busy and I am happier than I have been is so long. There has been no reason for the words to come out. They only come on pain days. The days that remind me of what I wrote so long ago.

One foot - then the other
Step upon step
Moving through shadows and light
Day after day
Week after week
Month after month

One foot - then the other
Step upon step
Another day begins anew
Already I wish it done
But there are steps to take today
Places to go
Things to do
One foot - then the other
One foot - then the other
Step upon step
Step upon step
Moving forward - most of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment