Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3

It has been a long day already. Although I am tired, there is much to do. The house has not been put together since I moved in over a year ago. The laundry is in various stages of done and I am not ready for a week of teaching. Day by day I count down to the anniversary of Tom's death. Can't help it.

Two years ago - Tom was in rehab. He was doing well although he had suffered a massive migraine that left him confused for a while. He was in good spirits and planning on getting out in a week or so.

Two years ago - I had a husband who loved me and wanted my happiness. Two years ago - I was so stressed out that I didn't know if I was coming or going. School was good but I was new on campus and I was struggling to get things together while visiting Tom each day. Were it not for an administration that was compassionate and caring - I would not have made it. Teachers were encouraging and supportive.

Two years ago - I had not idea of a future without Tom. Two years... such a long time and a short time. Two years - how much can change in two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment