Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lost and Found

Went to the fish store and saw a fish I wanted for my tank. I started to get it but it disappeared. We searched everywhere in their tank for it. Finally gave up figuring it had jumped ship and was gone into their filtration system or out the back of the tank. Got a call an hour later - come get your fish. It had burrowed in the sand and not come out until things calmed down. 
Joy is like that sometimes I think. Hidden just out of sight but still there...waiting for a calm moment before it can come out. There have been few moments of such joy recently. Maybe I need to work on the calm so that I can find the joy.

1 comment:

  1. I was and still am constantly surprised by my ability to experience joy in the midst of grief-a gift from God. I hope you find more and more of that calm. May God give you an extra measure.

    ReplyDelete