Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Invisible Wind

Did the wind blow today? Though it was never felt things blew away. My peace, my energy. So tired and so sick.

When I started back to school it was to become a teacher. The first years that's what I was. It wasn't the best situation but I was a teacher. Right now - I feel like a revolving door. Too many kids to do the job I was hired to do. So much I want to do with them - so much to teach them. I love my kids. But today - the wind of tired blew away the covering that hid my sadness and grief. I have lost so much this past year - and today - I realized that I've also lost my dream.

My dream - a classroom of kids that needed to learn. Time to teach them. My class. Now - I don't have a class - I have two. One that looks to me for education and love. One that comes and goes with that invisible wind. I want to be a teacher again.

Good school. Good staff. Smiles and laughter. Just sick and sad.

That old invisible wind. It is still here. What will it bring? What will it take?

No comments:

Post a Comment