Thursday, December 22, 2011

Together Still

We are together still. Loveable Tommy and I. What can separate us from our love?
Can death? Can death really separate people who love? No - not if their love is in Christ.
Tom lives on this earth in my heart and mind. In the life of his son. In the blood that flows through our grandchild.
We are together in life and death.
Soon, very soon, I will join him in the kingdom of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We will walk together, hand-in-hand. For now, we walk together in spirit and in my heart.

Memories are ever present. I am his still in my heart and in my dreams. Sometimes, it is enough to know. Today - I need more. I don't want to be alone today. What joy it would be to feel his arms around me, gently caressing my arm, my face, my neck. I could rest my head on his chest and hear the rhythmic beating of his gentle heart.

I am sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment