Sunday, December 26, 2010

Today

Yesterday was Christmas. It was a day for hope, love, and joy. Although I have been so sad and filled with grief, today was different. My sister gave me my husband's quilt. She had taken his favorite Hawaiian shirts and made of cover for the table at his memorial service. It is now the most beautiful quilt. Although I cried when I saw it. It was not grief or sadness. I just missed him and was holding a part of him in my hands. It was happy tears. God bless my sister.

Something has changed in me. Although it may change again, grief may bring tears, today I am happy. My puppy makes me laugh. My heart isn't heavy. I miss my kids at school. It is time to go on with life. Times will come when this isn't how I feel. But I will accept what I have today for what it is - - what I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment